Monday, August 2, 2010

My First Big Sis


Dear Donna,

I have about three digital gadgits reminding me it's your birthday this week. How could I forget? It always falls during the hottest part of the summer and so many we spent in Atlanta drinking wine at your condo, eating pizza at Jaegar's in Lullwater park or rummaging the sale racks at Lenox Square to catch an end-of-season bargain.

You were my very first Big Sis long before I even knew I needed one.

Our work in organ and tissue donation brought us together in 1983 and just about anything we needed to sort through we did so while on booth duty at a nursing conference or hospital wellness event. You always had a sound piece of advice or witty saying and that drawwwwlllll of yours is as familiar as your laugh.

With 9 grandchildren (or 10? 11?) we no longer have time for mindless shopping sprees and late night marathon visits with Cheetos and wine. But your cards and calls have never stopped and neither has your endearing friendship and good advice.

Happy Birthday, Big Sis.

Love, Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment